Cannabis is a hot topic right now, and there is a lot of information on the plant. However, there are still many things that people do not know about cannabis. This blog post will discuss eight surprising facts about cannabis that you may not have known!
Ten Unknown Facts about Cannabis That You Should Know Beforehand
Cannabis, also known as marijuana, is a plant that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. Here are eight fascinating cannabis facts that you probably didn’t know:
- Cannabis can be used to make paper: Marijuana plants contain cellulose, which can be processed into https://www.mountainanniescannabis.com/ paper. In fact, during World War II, the governments encouraged farmers to grow hemp (a type of cannabis) for the war effort.
- Cannabis has over 400 different chemical compounds: The main active ingredient in cannabis is THC, but the plant also contains over 400 other chemical compounds. These include cannabidiol (CBD), terpenes, and flavonoids.
- Cannabis can be used to treat glaucoma: Glaucoma is a medical condition that causes increased pressure in the eye, which can lead to blindness. Cannabis is effective in reducing intraocular pressure, making it a potential treatment for glaucoma.
- Cannabis can help you lose weight: Contrary to popular belief. Cannabis may help you lose weight. A study published in Medicine Magazine found that people who smoked cannabis had lower BMI and waist circumference levels than those who didn’t smoke weed.
- Cannabis may improve your lung health: Although smoking is terrible for your lungs, cannabis smoke contains fewer harmful chemicals than tobacco smoke. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that marijuana use was associated with increased lung capacity.
- Cannabis can be used to treat seizures: CBD, one of the compounds found in cannabis, is effective in treating seizures. CBD is currently being studied as a potential treatment for epilepsy.
- Cannabis may help prevent cancer: Cannabis contains compounds that have been shown to kill cancer cells in test-tube studies. However, more research is needed to determine if cannabis can help prevent or treat human cancer.
- Cannabis is not just for smoking: There are many ways to consume cannabis besides smoking it. Cannabis can be consumed as edibles, tinctures, oils, and topicals. Each method of consumption has different effects on the body.
These are just a few surprising facts about cannabis that you may not know. With more states legalizing marijuana for medicinal and recreational use, educating yourself on this popular plant is essential.